Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nairobi, Kenya (Riding day 1)

A quick tour through Nairobi on the way to the airport.

Nairobi City Hall

Buying petrol for my motorbike waiting at the airport with no

Too shy

My new newspaper

On the bus from Nairobi center to Int. airport, cost 0,4 EUR

Nairobi Airport - Cargo

Part of my dream team.

You can see the package with my motorbike on the right side.
But I had to wait for the whole day to get it.

You can read from his face: 'We have the whole day.'

German sheperd on duty in Kenya - Int. airport.

4.30 pm - still no result from 5 hours of documentation handling.

I have it finally, my bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unpacking

The rest of the dream team - everything for the photo!

It took so long with the motorbike that it was getting dark.

In the dark I was not prepare to:
- driving on the left side (I ussually ride on the right)
- driving at night through the center of 'Nairobbery'

So I made a decision in seconds - to drive south from Nairobi.

I stopped at some gas station soon and after then I drove 
at night for some 50 km on 'some kind of highway'.
The traffic was crazy.

After the trafiic became silent
I stopped at some village for a beer.
The bar was full and very local.
I didn't stay for long cause some people were
pretty obvious on drugs, so I moved further.

My first night with motorbike in Kenya - stopping at Isignia.

My hotel room keys, a bill, matches, tusker, embassy, yamaha keys.

About Me

Crossing African continent on Yamaha XT660R

Crossing African continent on Yamaha XT660R
Lifetime experience

Facebook page Moto Africa

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *