Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tough times for my bike

When the going gets tough, the tough get going, like Billy Ocean would say. Yesterday the situation on the road was not pinky. Solitaire to Walvis bay, 230 kms, all gravel road, bad gravel, no villages on the way, not even a petrol stations. The road was completelly empty, I overtook just one bus. I was fighting to overtake the bus as the road was ribbed like a hell and full of sand surprises. After around 100 kms I've finally got that feeling. I started driving faster and I was literally floating few cms above the ground, sometimes with speed up to 140 km/h but mostly between 105 and 110 km/h. It was one of that feelings when you say, that's why I live. Live to ride. Or better fly. :) But sometimes it was really hard to control the steering and the wheels as they were not synchronized all the time because of the sand. I had to stand up few times to prevent a fall.

Billy Ocean said in his song "Darlin', I'll climb any mountain. Darlin', I'll do anything.".. But would Billy really do anything? Would he drive his motorbike from Solitaire to Walvis bay for his Darlin'?? :) We will never know.

2,27 l in 2 litre bottle? :)
Sava tyres - made in Slovenia
Only bus 
Bus driver 
After flying above ribbed road
Tired
Energy food
Everything started in 1982

About Me

Crossing African continent on Yamaha XT660R

Crossing African continent on Yamaha XT660R
Lifetime experience

Facebook page Moto Africa

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *