Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sunrise ostrich and great white sharks

Straisbaai. 6 km from most southern point of Africa. I am camping. I wake up at 5.30 am. I start to ride my motorbike at sunrise. I turn to a gravel road to Elim. While driving I suddenly notice an ostriche running just paralel to me on the road. It looks like it wants me to show how fast it can run. I check the speed and it is 51 km/h. The ostrich doesn't want to stop. After 2 or 3 minutes I simply speed up and get rid of the ostrich. I think to myself what a nice morning greeting. Thank you. I arrive to Kleinbaai next to Gansbaai at 7.40 am. I can just see the 7.30 boat leaving the shore. Bad luck. But I get another opportunity. I go into the water with great white sharks with the next boat at 10 am. I am in the water around 45 minutes and I can watch seven different great whites from very close. I would like to thank you Lara Rutzen and the whole team at Sharks Unlimited. It was a great experience for me and my dream came true after many years. After the shark experience I drive to Hermanus and then to Kleinmond. I stay the night at beaufitul place called Die Rotse Host HouseI am only 80 km away from Cape town.
Sign before sunrise
Elim village in sunrise colors
Turn right
The place
Ready to go
Great white shark
Another great white shark
Die Rotse Host House

About Me

Crossing African continent on Yamaha XT660R

Crossing African continent on Yamaha XT660R
Lifetime experience

Facebook page Moto Africa

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *