Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My heroes in Opuwo

Today I asked a youngster (security guy) at Opuwo Country Lodge camping if he wants my tent. He looked at me soooo bright and he just uttered 'yes'. So I gave him my tent. He was so happy that he was almost crying. He said that I've realized his biggest dream. 'Now I have my house', he said. 'You gave me a house. I'm so happy'. I've told the guy that it's was my biggest pleasure and that I am really happy even more happy than him as I know that the tent will be in right hands. We almost started arguing who is more happy... :) Anyway, his name is Mbimbo, he is Himba and he is around 18 (I suppose, I didn't ask). He lives in a small village Ofeoupaua 20 kms north of Opuwo. So if you see a green tent with sign 'Easy camping', that is his tent now. It has been served me for a long time in Africa and it's still in good condition. I have another one.

Today I've also noticed that my motorbike has got an injury. The frame at the back where the suitcase is attached to it was broken and it would probably fall off if we've wouldn't weld it right away. It looks that the last road from Sesfontein to Opuwo gave my bike a lot of pressure. Bobi was really kind and he welded my frame well I hope. Thank you Bobi, you are my hero.
Capital of Kaokoland
Opuwo Country Hotel
Resting
Dirty bike
Himba Moms in Opuwo
are buying it
Camping site no. 4
With Bobi The Welder
With Mbimbo, new home owner

About Me

Crossing African continent on Yamaha XT660R

Crossing African continent on Yamaha XT660R
Lifetime experience

Facebook page Moto Africa

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *