Sunday, June 8, 2014

French fries for breakfast. South Africa to Botswana.

Finally (3.6.2014) I started a long trip from Johannesburg in South Africa up to Victoria falls on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The road took me first to Pretoria where i visited my friend prof. Meyer with whom (and dr. Heyman) we met in Sesfontein in Namibia back in May 2013. It was nice chat with him after more than one year and we ate pommes frites for breakfast.
It was already 1pm when I hit N1 highway in direction of Polokwane. I turned off at Bela-Bela and drove on the backroads in direction of Grobblers bridge on Botswana border which was still few hundred kms away. When I reached little town Vaalwater I stopped two girls with backpacks, walking on the main road. They told me they go to Zeederberg's lodge behind Spar shop. I went to check the place and it was beautiful. Quite lodge surrounded with trees but fully booked for the night. Kind owners told me they have nice green grass where I can camp, so I decided to stay the night as also the sun was very low already. It was a cold night but I found the way how to warm up.

I started to drive around 12 pm and reached Botswana border in late afternoon. I was surprised by the high cost for insurance and road tolls for my motorbike but that's life. 
The days are short in the winter so I drove just to first town Palapye around 100 kms north west and stopped at nice lodge Itumela to stay the night.

Zeederberg's cottages - http://www.zeederbergs.co.za/





Lodge & Camping Itumela, Palapye, Botswana




About Me

Crossing African continent on Yamaha XT660R

Crossing African continent on Yamaha XT660R
Lifetime experience

Facebook page Moto Africa

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *